Backyard Design Ideas & What You Can Expect To Spend
Outdoor kitchens are still one of the top outdoor living trends for high-end landscaping.
Imagine your favorite meal, your favorite friends and an evening of fun outside, with all the comforts of inside. There’s more to an outdoor kitchen than just a grill. You’ll need stretch-out counter space to prepare your food — and somewhere to put it when it comes off the grill.
Worried about the weather? Add a shade structure like a pergola to keep the space cooler during the summer and block some of the rain.
And when there’s a chill in the air, stay warm with features like fire pits and fireplaces. (More on these must-haves later.)
Cost of an Outdoor Kitchen:
- Low-end: $10,000 for a 10′ x 3′ kitchen with grill and two stainless doors.
- High-end: $22,000 to include a large counter with bar seating, grill, storage and sink.
The great thing about outdoor kitchens is all the fun stuff you can add.
How about an outdoor fridge, a pizza oven, a kegerator
to keep the beer flowing?
You’ll probably spend a lot of time out there, so you might add a fireplace, a pergola, some furniture, maybe a TV.
Suddenly, you’re looking at $75,000 to $150,000.
Set yourself up with a nice outdoor patio, and you’ll end up living out there, from morning coffee to evening nightcaps and a bunch of fun in-between.
While standard concrete pavers create a nice patio, higher end options are available in a wide array of colors and design options, with greater detail: pavers that look like a mosaic of carefully sculpted stone or a charming cobblestone courtyard.
Intricate design choices mean crews spend more time cutting the pavers, so labor cost goes up.
Cost of a Paver Patio:
- Low end: $2,500 for a 10’ x12′ patio with a simple 1-2 pc paver.
- Mid range: $6,700 for a 16′ x 20′ patio with a 3 pc cobble paver.
- High end: $25,000 + for a large paver patio with space for a hot tub, dining and outdoor furniture for put-your-feet-up lounging.
Fire Pits and Fireplaces
Chilly fall and winter temperatures are perfect for gathering around warm, mesmerizing flames.
And a summer party gets an instant fun boost when you add gooey s’mores.
Feeling rustic? Do you love the idea of throwing logs on the fire and watching the sparks fly? A wood burning fire pit offers that campfire feel.
Are you more of a click the button type? A natural gas fire pit lights quickly and easily and doesn’t produce smoke or sparks.
Cost of a Fire Pit:
- Low end: $1,200 for a wood burning fire pit.
- High end: $3,000 for a gas burning model with decorative wall block.
Cost of an Outdoor Fireplace:
- Low end: $8,000 for a basic wood burning fire place with no wood storage.
- High end: $20,000 for a deluxe gas burning fireplace with decorative wall block and wood storage.
Backyard Seating Areas
Once you install the luxury backyard of your dreams, you need a place to sit, relax, and soak in the vacation vibes.
Start with your patio style. Whether it’s crafted from standard concrete pavers or sculpted stone, we can create built-in seating that perfectly matches your new outdoor space.
Want a more natural look? Think boulders. They’re seating that perfectly blends with your natural landscaping.
Cost of Backyard Seating Areas:
- Low end: $2,800 for a basic half circle seat wall around a fire pit.
- High end: $8,000 + for a seat wall with columns and under lights around a fire pit.
Create Your Dream Backyard with Hardscapes by Yardscapes
Contact Yardscapes at 252-571-7076 or email@example.com to schedule a free consultation.